We promote a safe, healthy environment for Weill Cornell Medicine patients, faculty, staff, students and visitors through proven risk management principles.
What We Do
- Provide risk management and insurance resources across a variety of sectors, including: legal matters, sponsored research, clinical trials, capital planning, patient safety, emergency management, engineering and maintenance, faculty affairs and global health education.
- Collaborate and develop business continuity plans with Weill Cornell Medicine Environmental Health & Safety (EHS).
- Manage the Weill Cornell Medicine Professional Liability (Malpractice) Insurance Program.
- Negotiate, implement and manage the Weill Cornell Medicine insurance portfolio.
- Develop and implement the Weill Cornell Medicine Property Insurance Protection Plan.
- Negotiate and manage the Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q) insurance program and provide risk management consultation for technical consultation for WCM-Q senior administration.
- Review and negotiate risk management and insurance aspects of contracts.
- Direct the negotiation, design and implementation of the student insurance program.
- Handle property, general and auto liability and student disability claims, and coordinate with claim adjusters.
- Administer, manage and maintain incoming and outgoing certificates of insurance.
Our goal is to be service-oriented, responsive, professional and open to suggestions and comments.